5 Teenage Films From the Eighties That You Should Watch

Basically the title says everything. Usually I discover these films by watching crappy telly with my dad on the weekends; and then Film 4 seems to save us from our boredom. or, simply, Iget recommendations from friends. These films are, in my heart, the best true eighties films so don't judge on my shit taste.




NUMBER 1

Its gotta be Teen Wolf (1985). This epic movie starring Michael J Fox has become such a classic and in England, is always on the telly. I also love the character Boof in the film and especially what she wears. Big thumbs up to this one! 







NUMBER 2

Say anyhing (1989). This film is such a soppy teenage girl film but is perfect for when you're in your jammies with your mate and you want a happy ending. Starring John Cusak and Ione Skye, this film is a winner, also featuring typical eighties music with Peter Gabriel!







NUMBER 3

St. Elmos Fire (1985) stars a big group of the 'brat pack' and I cant help but admire Judd Nelson in this;).  This realistic film has no nonsense about kissing the dream guy that we wished we could kiss. This film is simply about growing up and becoming an adult. And there aint nothing bad about that!





NUMBER 4

Well, I couldn't not include a film with Molly Ringwald, who i call the queen of girly eighties films. 
Pretty in Pink (1986) is even on my Ipod for when I'm travelling. These films are going on a girly teen theme but I have to say that John Hughes is such a brilliant movie maker I mean come on who doesn't dig a soppy teen movie?! 






NUMBER 5

And if you haven't heard of this movie then where have you been? Of course, this film has all the rage on tumblr and all the posts scream out the right message: ITS AN AWESOME FILM. And yes, there's Judd Nelson and Molly Ringwald and Emilio Estevez and Anthony Micheal Hall and yeah just watch The Breakfast Club (1985).







yeah that's pretty much it really:)

Jade.






Comments

  1. I'm obsessed with Pretty in Pink and The Breakfast Club! I think I will really enjoy your blog.

    Flo
    http://www.queenofpineapples.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts