Massive Music Update

When it comes down to music, I am extremely stubborn. It takes me about 6 months before someone finally gets me t listen to a band they love. To be honest knowing too many bands can overwhelm me so I just stick to the ones that I know best and play my Ipod on shuffle. Then something tragic happened: I went into YouTube and couldn't think of any music to play. that, my friend, is a disaster

So I got some recommendations and I raided through my mums' CD collection. Wow, how could I have been oblivious to the brilliant music just sitting around in my dining room?

So first, let me tell you about an awesome DJ called 'Nightmares On Wax'. If you type him up then lots of videos will come up with his mixes that go on for about an hour and a half. Pick one, sit back and enjoy your day while listening to his mix. When my music taste has gone completely fuck all, this is what I turn to.

Secondly, the album 'Blue Lines' by 'Massive Attack' is one of the best albums to listen to. Ever. Type it in on youtube and I can guarantee a clip with the whole album.

Oh, and for my birthday I am seeing De la Souls' 25 year anniversary for 'three feet high and rising' tour. Eek! I have been such a big De la Soul fan and cannot recommend them enough. If you find N.W.A. too explicit then listen to De la Soul asap!!!






And yes, I have rediscovered The Smiths and Morrissey; but I wont go on for ages about them. I think everyone knows who they are now. (gets a bit tiring after a while tbh)



And of course, I had to include Madonna ;)
These are very few examples btw.




List of 10 songs to listen to:

1.Massive Attack- Unfinished Sympathy
2.Red Hot Chili Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magik
3.Bjork- Big Time Sensuality
4. Stone Roses- Fools Gold
5.M.I.A.- Big Branch
6. De La Soul- Me Myself and I
7.Grimes ft. Doldrums- Colour of Moonlight (Antiochus)
8.Sex Pistols- EMI
9.Madonna- Open your Heart
10. Beck- Loser

Jade x




Comments

Popular Posts